Future Land Cover Scenarios
DRB2070 Version 2 represents a revised baseline and two alternative forecasts of urban land cover in the Delaware River Basin (DRB) out to the year 2070. Our collaborators at the USGS modeled land cover to 2070 using the Chesapeake Bay Land Change Model. A comparison of these two products will soon be available to review.
Our DRB2070 Version 2 baseline & alternative land cover scenario data are available in the following formats (updated 7/31/17):
- ArcGIS online application: https://arcg.is/1neLqS
- Data files for GIS professionals: proportion developed for NHDPlus catchments (2001, 2011, 2030, 2070) with ArcMap document (.mxd) for quick visualization of all three scenarios. Download zip file: http://data.centerforlanduse.org/CLUS_DRB2070_v2.4.zip
- Integration with Stream Reach Assessment Tool (coming soon!)
Let us know how you anticipate using our mapping and modeling tools!
High-Resolution Land Cover Data
The University of Vermont Spatial Analysis Lab is producing a high-resolution (1m x 1m) LiDAR-based land cover dataset for all 43 counties that cover the Delaware River Basin watershed. The data will be available on PASDA, the Pennsylvania Geospatial Data Clearinghouse, in August 2017 as a full mosaic of the DRB or clipped by county.
- New York High-Resolution Land Cover, Delaware River Basin- UVM SAL, Coming Soon!
- New Jersey High-Resolution Land Cover, Delaware River Basin– UVM SAL, May 2017
- Pennsylvania High-Resolution Land Cover, Chesapeake Bay Watershed and Delaware River Basin, 2013– UVM SAL, September 2016
- Delaware High-Resolution Land Cover– UVM SAL, March 2016
- Pennsylvania Statewide High-Resolution Tree Canopy– UVM SAL 2015
Data is also available for the Delmarva peninsula through the Chesapeake Conservancy.